75kW L-Band Magnetron Tube
75kW L-Band Magnetron Tube: a critical component for microwave systems. These units are individually tuned to a specified frequency. Since magnetron tubes need replacing every so often, we recommend purchasing multiple units. Our spare parts and service team is committed to providing our customers with exceptional spare part support and on-site technical services. We have developed and structured these groups with the understanding that our responsibility to the customer is just beginning once an installation is complete. Service and spare parts are an integral part of our systems division.
Replacing a Magnetron Tube
Please feel free to reach out to our support team to review the steps for replacing a magnetron tube. If your team is comfortable replacing the tube, we recommend speaking with our team first to make sure you are meeting all proper safety precautions. We also recommend hiring a certified technician for other serious maintenance. More info here.
Did you know? We offer 75kW L-Band magnetron tube refurbishment services. If you wish to inquire with us about rebuilds or repairs, feel free to reach out to our spare parts, service, and support team to discuss. Please keep in mind that we require the 75kW L-Band magnetron tube in question must meet a matching number of viable cores.
These units are subject to Original Manufacturers Warranty.
Microwave Techniques extends the following Original Manufacturers Warranty:
Warranty period: 18 months from date of shipment
Hours of magnetron operation: 3500 hours
For failures caused by defective materials and/or workmanship that occur within the 18 month warranty period, the following proration schedule is used based upon hours of beam (RF power) operation:
● For failures occuring within 500 hours of operation, full (100%) warranty credit will be granted
● For failures occuring after 500 hours and prior to the 3500 hours, the warranty credit will be prorated based upon total number of operating hours prior to failure
● For failures occuring after 3500 hours of operation, there will be no warranty credit
The following items will NOT be accepted for warranty claims:
1. Melted anode straps
2. Melted antenna
3. Broken or cracked ceramics
4. Premature cathode failure due to high reflected power or incorrect filament scheduling
5. RF arcing around the silver-plated gasket due to incorrect installation in the electromagnet / launcher
6. Arcing around the cathode or heater connectors due to insufficient tightening or short circuits
7. Damage or malfunction arising from loss of coolant flow, decrease of coolant flow below specified limits, coolant contamination, or excessive temperature in any coolant circuit. This includes both liquid and forced air coolants
8. Damage or malfunction caused by physical abuse to the magnetron
9. Damage or malfunction caused directly or indirectly by arcing, high VSWR, or by improper adjustment of any RF circuits, RF lines, RF components, or power supplies in the system, including AC supply surges and spikes
For more information about our 75kW L-Band Magnetron Tube and related products, please contact our Systems Division Spare Parts & Service Team.
Contact information: Microwave Techniques | Systems Division
104 Perimeter Road, Nashua, NH 03063 | (+1) 603-881-5234