Mega Industries produces Waveguide MegaSeal® in sizes ranging from WR187 to WR2300. Our integrated gaskets are designed to provide an optimized electrical and mechanical seal. Contact Mega Sales if you do not see the Waveguide MegaSeal® configuration your high-power microwave application requires.Buy Online
Request a Quote
The elevated electrical sealing surface of the MegaSeal® is machined into the aluminum carrier plate ensuring that the RF energy is contained inside the waveguide where it belongs. The surface is smooth, elevated not by a mechanical knurling, but rather is machined from a sheet to be elevated from the start. This eliminates the damage caused by some other sealing structures that can require repair of the mating flange faces to remove the marks left by this destructive connection.
The MegaSeal®’s compliant gasket material is rugged and allows for leak-free pressurization of standard flat flanged waveguide systems. This removes the need to specify flange grooving details and connect components in any orientation for future projects.
Mega Industries has all the accessories needed for the installation of waveguide components. Gaskets provide the proper electrical and mechanical seal for interior and exterior use. Each hardware kit contains stainless steel hex bolts, flat washers, lock washers and nuts for a complete waveguide flange joint. Mega also can provide waveguide spacers that meet EIA specifications, bulkhead flanges and hangers.
View MegaSeal Data Sheets
Waveguide Seals - Installation Instructions
1. Align waveguide flanges to be joined to ensure they will mate in a flush, parallel and uniform manner
2. Clean the mating waveguide and their flange faces to make them free of dust, metal chips, grease or other contaminates
3. Remove the MegaSeal from its packaging making certain that it is kept clean
4. MegaSeal Gasket may be coated with a Silicone Grease lubricant such as Dow Corning DC-4 or equivalent
5. Place MegaSeal between flanges and insert flange bolts. Use two or more bolts to help align the flanges and gasket. Do not twist or laterally slide the gasket as this may damage the seal.
6. Install hardware hand tight making sure to keep flange faces even & parallel.
7. Once all hardware is in place use the tightening sequence shown on the outline drawing on the reverse of this sheet to slowly and uniformly increase the torque on the flange bolts.
8. Tighten each bolt one half turn at a time following that sequence until the desired torque for the mounting hardware is reached. Please reference the table below:
|WR187 to WR510:||5.0 ft-lbs (7 N-m)|
|WR650:||9.5 ft-lbs (13 N-m)|
|WR770 to WR1800:||15.0 ft-lbs (20.5 N-m)|
|WR2100 to WR2300:||35.0 ft-lbs (47.5 N-m)|